20.7.10

BERNIE HUIGSLOOT / ENGLISH VERSION

Bernie Huigsloot / Directly from Australia, the raider of the big waves



Age: 46 years old
Address: Kramer Rise ,Phillip Island, Victoria,Australia
Surfing/ ski since 1979
Favourite surf in Australia; Jakes (Kalbarri)
Worldwide: Phillip Island, Surfies Point, Express World; G-Land (Gradjagan), Mundaka.

Favourite Surf Websites:
A.S.P. surfing, Indian ocean animation (La jolla) and of course Kayaksurf Portugal- you guys do a great job!

I live on the other side of the Victorian coast from Bells (Torquay) We get plenty of waves all year round. There is only one other wave ski rider locally and not many others that come on weekends, so I spend 99% of my surfs watching and copying stand up surfers, which is why my style is a little different to other conventional surf ski riders. I would have to be one of the only ski riders still riding polyurothane boards, which are about twice as heavy (not epoxy) and a surfboard shaper shapes it for me.

I have always had a very stiff fin set up (set further back than most) and a very loose seat belt to help me get extra leverage to turn.

I don't get to copy other wave ski riders because I really don't see many good surfers around here. But some of the best I have seen are Christo and Reese Duncan. There are some guys busting out some big moves around the world at the moment and I wish I could spend more time travelling and maybe competing, but I made a choice many years ago to surf G-land once a year or some contest somewhere in 2 foot slop.

As I don't surf really well when the waves get small I make the choice to enjoy myself and get Barreled! where I know I can.

I Dont have much up to date news on contests or other surf ski guys etc., There used to be a Victoria Association, but they have since folded (stopped) but I can give you a couple of articles on performance riding, tips, ect. and surf size in the local area etc. and whatever else I come across.

Maybe a bit of history from what I have seen. There are some surf Kayakers in a group I see every summer come from Melbourne. Maybe i will take some pics when I see them.

Regards Bernie

------

Thanks Bernie!!

PHOTOS:
http://www.kayaksurf.net/BernieHuigsloot.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

It's really a great and useful piece of information. I'm glad that you just shared this helpful info with us.

Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.



My weblog ... char broil gas grill

2:07 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home