20.7.10

HARRY UREN / ENGLISH BERSION

HARRY UREN / MEGA FLYING SQUAD



Name: Harry Uren
Age:17
Occupation: Student
Address: Cornwall
Competition records: 2nd British junior Hp, 3rd British junior IC 2009
Paddling experience: I've only been in the surf scene since January 2009 but that got me off to a flying start and i was hooked since!

Sponsors: Mega Surf Kayaks and AB Paddles


Hi Harry, when did you start paddling? Well i started kayaking around 2000ish, but it runs in the blood and i cant remember a time without kayaks
Do you have any other paddling experience (river, surfski, waveski, etc)? I play kayak polo with the Penzance Canoe Club junior team and we've Won Southwest junior championships, and played Southwest division 3. Ive also played with another team at National division 2.

Where do you usually surf?
My local break is Godrevy which i love as it has such great waves and the waves vary so much between the tides. But i also have Sennen/Gwenver and a few spots on the south coast too! so whenever theres a swell on either coast, ill be there ;)

What do you think about the evolution of surfkayaking worldwide?
It's great!! the better the standard of surf kayaking gets, will mean that people will push more boundries of whats possible and hopefully inspire more people to start the sport

And about riders… do you have anyone in special that admires very much?
I dont particularly but i do enjoy watching the worlds best in videos and photos and i enjoy surfing with my local club as they're always supporting me

How often do you participate in surfkayak competitions?
I try to make every competition in the English calendar as i really enjoy the atmosphere and seeing all the kayaks in one spot

You now belong to Mega Flying Squad... prepared to be one more Mega ambassador?
I'm very happy to be on the Mega Flying Squad! It gives me such a sense of achievement in surfing and it's a conversation starter while waiting for a set on the water

Best memories about Portugal Worlds...
All of it! it was such a great event! I think my favorite memories was the first day, and just being overwhelmed by the size and amout of people there. Or it was the team competitions, just how everyone in the team stood on waterside and cheered on their competitor.

When do you'll come again till Portugal?
I want to get back to Portugal soon, i miss the warmer waters, sun and amazing surf.

Your favourite web paddling sites are:
Kayaksurf.net- its great it's updated so often and i also like Ukriversguidebook too

Let us some suggestions to those who want to start kayaksurf…
I think the best way to get into surfing is by joining a club or course and then starting the competitions early, more people at the comps, the better!
Tanks Harry!